Our team at PRECO is growing! David Hofacker recently joined us as our new Product Manager and we invited him to introduce himself to the masses and share his thoughts on why we do what we do.
Here’s what he had to say:
I’ve been working on the business side of technology for more than twenty years and knew of PRECO’s reputation for good people and strong employee culture. I knew that PRECO’s founder had invented the back-up alarm way back when and I knew that the company had been around for quite a while. I’ve learned much more in the last few weeks.
By the end of the first day of training here at PRECO, I had met a couple dozen people, four of which have been at PRECO less than five years, aka the new folks. Can you name another successful technology company where the average employee tenure is 15+ years? My first week is filled with training on products, markets, technology and processes. The vibe is uniquely comfortable, with a confident urgency – think Michael Jordan in game six of the 1998 NBA finals. The company has big objectives -both short and long term- and the team sees the path as a triathlon more than a sprint.
One of the best things about PRECO is the company’s contribution to the “greater good”. This doesn’t just take the form of donations or support of employee volunteer efforts like many other technology companies, but comes directly from the company’s products and corporate mission; we create products that save lives.
A few facts that surprised me:
- PRECO has been around since 1947 (yes, nineteen forty seven!)
- The average time of service for PRECO employees is staggering for a technology company. I know of least two people that have been working here since the early 1970s.
- According to the latest data from the U.S. Department of Transportation, in 2015, large trucks and buses were involved in:
- more than 4,300 fatal accidents (up 26% from 2009),
- more than 100,000 injury accidents (up from 63,000 in 2009),
- and 379,000 property damage only accidents.
This last is the problem the team here at PRECO is dedicated to solving and one of the primary reasons I am so excited about becoming part of the team.
Please join us in welcoming David to the PRECO team!